[kata-dev] Running Kata with cc-agent

Tao Peng bergwolf at hyper.sh
Tue Apr 24 01:15:36 UTC 2018

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 5:27 AM, Larrew, Jesse <Jesse.Larrew at amd.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I suspect that something in the gRPC implementation isn't playing well with SEV memory encryption.
I cannot think of anything from the kata-agent that would block SEV on
the guest side.. So I would suggest comparing the qemu command line
you used to create the guest with and without SEV as a first step,
assuming that you can get the system up and running withoug SEV.

Also you can check the console log (via kata-proxy, e.g. `journalctl
-t kata-proxy`) to see if the guest is really up running or not.
Please set all `enable_debug` option in configuration.toml to `true`,
and set `kernel_params = "agent.log=debug"`.

Cheers,
Tao

bergwolf at hyper.sh